Since 2015, KiRiVOO has had one mission - to create sustainable and ethical designer apparel for a classy, thoughtful and strong woman. As a sustainable apparel company we embrace our collective responsibility to take care of the Earth and secure a sustainable future. The Sustainability Policy is here to demonstrate our commitment to sustainable development and to the practices that we are implementing to reduce the impact our operations have on the planet. As a start-up, we are yet small but dedicated to learning as we go.
THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS set by United Nations are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. Today, the actions that KiRiVOO takes are mostly guided by the following goals:
- Goal 3 - Good health and well-being
- Goal 6 - Clean water and sanitation
- Goal 8 - Decent work and economic growth
Goal 12 - Responsible Production and Consumption
- Goal 13 - Climate Action
- Goal 14 - Life below water (avoid plastic bags)
- Goal 17 - Partnerships to achieve the goals
Our key actions being implemented:
- Use certified organic cotton, organic peace silk, recycled and other environmentally friendly materials. We take extra care to protect the environment by using only certified textiles (GOTS, ECOCERT, FWF) and dyeing processes (Standard 100 by OECO-TEX) that comply with the highest standards of ecology and sustainable development and do not consist harmful substances;
- Reduce waste: (1) produce on-demand, (2) reuse, donate or recycle all our leftovers and (3) buy stock leftovers from fabric manufacturers whenever possible;
- Follow ethical trade by making sure all our partners are treated fairly and with respect, and that they have a good working environment. We have launched a Caring Practices Campaign that seeks to recognise the talents behind KiRiVOO’s production;
- We support transparency. We link to our suppliers list under each product card;
- Promote sustainability practises within the organisation and communicate and implement it at all levels within the workforce;
- Teach consumers to live sustainably - buy less, choose well and make it last. Pluss our Founder is writing a sustainable business blog;
- Partner for improvement and sustainability. We have joined the Fashion Revolution movement to educate people to think differently about what they wear and help to push the whole fashion industry to become more transparent. We have collaborated with Pure London, United Nations, Common Objective, Ethical Brands Directory and Conscious Fashion Campaign to drive change towards a better fashion industry;
- We use recycled materials and craft paper for packaging, flyers, business cards, tags, bags etc.
Our sustainability objectives:
- Continue working as a responsible company, improve the business model and practises, make sure that all sourced materials are ethically/sustainably made and partner for successful sustainable development;
- We're taking big steps towards a sharing and circular economy to make our sustainable designer wear sharable. Plus we aim and prefer to manufacture our apparel using the materials that can be easily recycled;
- We help pushing the whole fashion industry to become more transparent and are working on making our products lifecycle fully traceable by customers. We help pushing the whole fashion industry to become more transparent;
- Continually improve our business, logistics and shipping, packaging and manufacturing in order to reduce our carbon footprint;
- We aim zero to landfill. Our goal is to eliminate waste and reuse, donate, up-cycle or re-cycle everything;
- Start to accurately measure and score our company's products sustainability performance (considering, the Higg Index developed by the SAC);
- Adopt the standards and get certified and highly rated sustainable apparel brand, not only source certified materials;
- Help to make sustainable development the norm. Strongly support the communication and education about sustainability;
- Help to make the world a better place through socially responsible investing and charity.
Click here to go on and read about how are KiRiVOO garments being made.